LATI’s Board of Directors Holds its First Meeting (December 2021)
On the occasion of the establishment of the Libyan Academy for Telecom and Informatics, and in pursuit of its Board of Directors in launching the establishment phase, the Board of Directors held its first meeting at 11 a.m. on Saturday, 18.12. 2021, in the meeting room of Libyana Mobile Phone Company, Central Region Branch, headed by Prof. Dr. Majdi Ashibani, the Chairman of the Board of Directors, in the presence of the members of the Board, and the Chairman and members of the Monitoring Committee, where the members of the meeting discussed the following items:
- The review of the decision of the Board of Directors of the Libyan Post, Communications and Information Technology Holding Company No. 15 of 2021 regarding the establishment of the Libyan Academy for Telecom and Informatics, and the assignment of a board of directors and a supervisory body for it.
- The review of the procedures and actions taken regarding the initiation of the establishment of the Academy.
- Discussing the mechanism for distributing tasks and responsibilities to the members of the Board of Directors, and the mechanism of work to complete the rest of the requirements for establishing the Academy including the internal regulations, staffing and other procedures.
- Discussing the mechanism for updating and implementing the comprehensive action plan implemented by the American company Bose in 2014.
- Discussing the preparation for the General Assembly Meeting of the Academy for the first quarter of 2022.
- Activating some basic functions in the Academy necessary for the conduct of daily work, and assigning works to its managers.
- Other new businesses.
The attendees recommended a set of recommendations and decisions, and the meeting ended at 3:30 p.m. on the same day.